Brussels sprouts are the Marmite of Christmases past but love them or hate them they are a festive foodie classic. But did you know:
- This year ruby red Brussels sprouts will appear in our supermarkets
- Smaller sprouts taste the sweetest
- Sprouts don’t just have to be boiled they can also be fried with crispy bacon or pancetta or used raw in a Christmas slaw
- Day old sprouts can be used with leftover mash to help make a Boxing Day bubble and squeak that’s perfect with a fry up
- Buy sprouts on the stalk as they keep for longer.