Time to throw open the windows and dig out the duster
Here are our top tips for giving your home a spring clean.
- Get all your equipment together and the products you need before you start work.
- Write a list of jobs to do and prioritise.
- Go from room to room and complete one room at the time.
- Tackle all the bigger jobs first, such as washing bedding and mattress toppings. If their care labels say you can, then you could also wash pillows and duvets.
- Wash or dry clean your curtains and clean the inside of your windows.
- Remember that the outside of your home will need a spruce up too. Wash windows and woodwork, wipe down front doors and any door furniture, check pots and any plants, and give everything a wash, tidy, brush up and sort out. Also, check your patio paving for slippery algae or moss, which needs to be cleaned off too.