With us it’s never been away, but apparently the great British brew is experiencing a revival. Good news indeed.
It’s not just the nation’s favourite beverage, it’s good for your health too apparently.
Researchers say tea includes an antioxidant called polyphenols and also has phytochemicals. Here are six of the best reasons to have a cuppa.
1. Drinking tea could help reduce the risk of a heart attack.
2. The antioxidants in tea may help protect against cancers.
3. Tea is hydrating even with the caffeine content.
4. Drinking tea is linked with a lower risk of Parkinson’s disease.
5. Tea could keep waist circumference in check as long as you lay off the cake and biscuits that normally go with it of course.
6. Tea might be effective in the prevention and treatment of neurological diseases.
Like all research, take it with a pinch of salt (but not in your tea!). However, we're pretty sure tea can help in a crisis...quick pop the kettle, we've got hundreds of parcels to pack and we're gasping.