Have a stress-free Christmas dinner
Here’s our guide to having, hopefully, a stress-free Christmas lunch.
- Make a list, then another and another – you can never have enough lists and there is nothing worse than missing something vital when everything else is perfect.
- Prepare as much as you can the day before.
- As far as possible go for pre-prepared items as convenience is always good especially when you want to remain as calm as possible and to spend some time with your friends and family.
- Delegate – you can’t do it all on your own and even if you just give a few of the easier jobs out it will help spread the load.
- Plan ahead and work out if your turkey will fit in your oven before you buy it.
- Make sure you have an oven thermometer to help with the cooking of the turkey.
- Check the weight of your turkey to work out how long it will need in the oven.
- Don’t try a new dish without practicing it first.
- If your turkey is frozen make sure it is thoroughly defrosted before cooking it and leave enough time for it to tha out.
- Keep a clear head and a clean kitchen – the more confusion and mess the more likely things will go wrong. Tidy up after yourself.