Here are our top five ways to beat stress and have a more balanced life:
- Take time out – when the evenings and weekends come don’t check your work emails, just switch off and enjoy spending time with family and friends.
- Get a pet – simply by stroking a dog or a cat you relax and the stresses and strains of the day seem to be lifted.
- Get some fresh air – spend time in the great outdoors either walking in the park or somewhere more rugged, or do some gardening.
- Read – pick up a good book, a proper paperback that smells papery and feels great to the touch. The light from laptop and tablet screens can be harsh on the eyes at bedtime.
- Sleep well – have an uncluttered bedroom, cut out the caffeine and resist using your laptop or tablet at bedtime. Also remove the TV from your bedroom too.