Get your garage, workshop or shed tidy
Stop your garage, workshop or garden shed from becoming a dumping ground with our handy tidying guide:
• Clear out any broken and redundant tools and items that you no longer use. If you have tools that can be recycled and repaired then it may be worth contacting a charity that can use them such as http://goo.gl/o2kiEI, which runs a project called Tool Shed.
• Duplicates of any tools can be donated to charity as above or sold on eBay.
• Anything that has gone off and can’t be used, such as paint that has gone hard, needs to be disposed of sensibly.
• Add bracketed shelving for storage.
• Use a selection of storage containers to help sort and keep small/multiple items such as plant labels, screws and nails together and tidy.
• Use brackets to hang large equipment on walls and keep tools off the ground.
• Label boxes of items on shelves to keep things in good order.
• Baskets with luggage labels provide good storage places for clothing and accessories that you use in the garden like gloves, gardening aprons and kneeling pads.