How to restore your floorboards
Start with preparing your boards – knock in any nails that are sticking out and secure any loose boards.
• Fill any gaps between boards and any holes with wood filler.
• Hire a sander to get the job done – you will need two different types. A drum sander for the main area and a smaller sander for doing the edging, sides and corners.
• When you get to the point of starting your sanding – remove everything from the room, seal around the doors with a masking tape.
• If your boards are really rough you will need to sand them with a coarse sheet at first before using a medium grade sheet. Do the same with the edging sander.
• Get rid of the dust by vacuuming and using a cloth and white spirit.
• Seal your boards with two coats of varnish or timber stain.