Get frugal in five
We’ve put together five helpful hints to help you save energy and money this year.
1. Just switching off lights can have a huge impact on your energy consumption. Lighting is 8% of our bills. If you haven’t already replaced traditional bulbs with energy saving ones then now is the time to do it.
2. Consider the technology you use at home. Did you know for example that a laptop uses up to 85% less energy than a desktop PC?
3. When replacing your TV don’t be swayed by size. Larger TVs cost more to run.
4. You can save money on fuel by keeping your car in good condition. Check tyre pressure, remove all clutter from your boot and switch your engine off when stationary. Getting rid of any surplus weight from your car can improve fuel efficiency by up to 2%. The lighter your car is the less effort it will need to accelerate. For more fuel-saving tips check out autoservwsm.co.uk.
5. In the garden keep your water usage down by using a watering can rather than a hose and mulch beds and borders to help minimise water evaporation. Also water early in the morning and late in the evening when it’s cooler to help prevent water loss. You can get further money saving gardening tips from potterandrest.co.uk.