Need some home style inspiration? To kick-start any new interiors scheme you might be planning at home take a look at the best of British heritage vibe that is all the rage at the moment.
These quintessentially traditional designs are a hot trend that looks set to make for future classics too.
It’s a celebration of our nation’s wonderful land and seascapes and would suit all homes from country manors to cottages.
If you’re after a classic look then here are our top tips for achieving it:
• Pastoral prints are perfect for studies or living rooms that have a formal feel.
• Use intricate countryside/seaside themed wallpapers in smaller spaces such as hallways and bathrooms.
• More whimsical prints on fabrics in muted palettes work best in kitchens.
• If you are lucky enough to have architectural features like a grand fireplace then use a countryside-inspired wallpaper around this on an accent wall.
• Update your armchairs with plaid fabric coverings and countryside themed cushions.
• Select dark wood furniture – try moving items from other rooms to create the look you’re after.
• If you can’t afford to redecorate or get new furniture in, which is probably unlikely for most of us, then you can pay homage to this style by accessorising to suit with cushions featuring countryside motifs and fabric birds.