Time for an autumn clear out
Before Christmas it’s really a good idea to take stock of everything you own and if you have items that you don’t use, you can make a few pennies to put towards your pressie shopping from selling them online or to friends and neighbours.
It’s also a good time of year to pack all your summer gear away for the winter. Here are our handy hints of how to do this seamlessly:
- There are lots of things to think about too and perhaps you ought to make a list of jobs and include details of how and where you’ll store your bikes, the canoe, buckets and spades, body and surfboards. You also ought to check out the last time you had your boiler service.
- Time to pack away those picnic blankets, foldable chairs, cool bags, parasols etc. Also any garden furniture and the BBQ will need to be cleaned and stored away in your shed or garage, or covered. You can get covers from our sister site www.potterandrest.co.uk. If you think you might need to do another grass cut before the winter sets in in earnest, then keep the lawnmower where you can easily get to it.
- Try and do outdoor jobs before the bad weather sets in. Check gutters, water butts and down pipes for leaves and debris, give your garden a tidy up and wash and wax your car in readiness for the wet and cold spells to come. It’s also important to keep an eye on your tyre tread and pressure. Once the weather turns it need to be able to drive safely and tyres in a good condition are essential.
- Don’t forget to go through the contents of your loft, garage or shed too. These areas tend to become dumping grounds. Get rid of any old or unwanted items. Remember to dispose of chemicals and related products with extreme care and take things that are beyond repair or that you can’t sell or donate to charity.
- Do one job at a time and plan your ‘to do’ list over several weekends rather than trying to cram it all into a few days.